Saturday, January 10, 2009

Three days worth...

I've been neglecting weekly memes it seems. Oops! I'll play a bit of catch up today then.

Links over there ------>

Thursday Thunks
1. Are you a celebrity news junkie? I go through 'spells'. Right now - not so much. Too busy trying to keep up with the people in my life.

2. Have you or anyone in your family ever had braces? No. Although, The Joker is going to need them.

3. Name 4 things in your garage that you don't think anyone else has in theirs. Easy enough. I don't have a garage. HA!

4. Do you order Girl Scout cookies? If you're never asked to order, how can you? The Man gets asked where he works though. He'll buy a couple boxes.

5. If you have a cat or a dog, what brand of dog/cat food do you feed them? No pets.

6. When you cook, do you use measuring cups/spoons? If it's a new recipe, I'll measure stuff out. After that, I just 'eyeball' it.

7. If you were stranded on a desert island, how many sand castles would you build? I'm really not a sand castle building kind of girl.

8. Whats one thing you own too many of? TVs, computers, clothes, lotion, bras, panties. Take your pick.

9. If given the chance to go to the moon, would you? No thanks.

10. Talk radio - listen or not? I'm not big on talk. They say the same thing over and over and over.

11. When you put silverware in the dishwasher or in the drainer to dry, do you put the handles up or down? Handle down in the drainer, handle up in dishwasher.

12. Video Games for kids - good or not? The only 'game system' allowed in my house are Gameboys. Take a wild guess how I feel about video games. Go ahead. ;)

13. Share a website with us. Jango

14. Water - bottle or tap? Tap in a bottle.

15. Have you ever eaten a giant jawbreaker, the ones that are the size of the palm of your hand, all the way to the end? No, but a couple of my kids have. They would keep them in the fridge and 'work' on them daily. Took them a couple weeks before finally throwing them away when they broke through the last layer. *shrug*


Friday 5
Among people you know, who seems to be lucky in love? Me.
Among people you know, who seems to be lucky with money? Copper.
Among people you know, who’s lucky to be alive? Crooked Pinky.
Among people you know, who seems to have the worst luck? Bones.
What kinds of good-luck charms do you own or carry? None.


RevGal
Pancakes...
1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain? Both, but I do make the Bisquick kind more. Plain, please.

2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in? I prefer mashed bananas in mine. The kids like chocolate chips. The Man will eat whatever I make.

3. For breakfast or for dinner? Mostly breakfast. There are a handful of days in a year that I'll make them for supper.

4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish? Regular Mrs. Butterworths is my pick. I'll either have more bananas or some strawberries on the side - sometimes a slice or two of bacon.

5. Favorite pancake restaurant? IHOP, of course!

Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on!

Banana and chocolate chip pancakes:
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. regular wheat germ
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/4 c. milk
1 medium mashed ripe banana
2 eggs
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients in bowl. Stir until mixed. Add remaining ingredients - except chips. Beat with mixer until well blended. Stir in chips. Cook 'em up!


Saturday 9: The Phone is For You
1. Your phone rings. Who is the most likely caller? Movie Girl definitely calls me more than anybody.

2. How long to you chat on the phone each day? On average, 20-30 minutes.

3. Who do you speak to the most? Ummm, Movie Girl. Wasn't that asked - kind of - in #1?

4. Do you often not answer if a certain person comes up on your caller id? I always answer the home phone. I won't answer an unknown # on my cell. There's no one I avoid on purpose though.

5. Do you phone friends at work? I phone my friends at their work from time to time. But only if I know they can talk and not get in trouble and only when it's a MUST.

6. Do you make personal calls at work? No. I don't think anyone would appreciate me calling while I'm at work. Most sane people are asleep during my work hours.

7. Who do you always say “I love you” at the end of the call? Movie Girl always has me say it. My sis too. They are the only ones I say it to every single time.

8. Do you use a landline or cell more often? Landline. I'm not one of those people with a cell phone attached to my ear when I'm out.

9. Who in the blogosphere that you haven’t chatted with but would like to? Derfina, Bud, NurseExec, Mimi, Miss Fish...to name a few.




Your Word is "Love"



You see life as possibility to form deep connections with a few people.

Relationships are the center of your world, and you always take time to bond with those you love.

You are caring and giving. You enjoy helping those you love.

And when it comes to romantic love, you feel passionately ... even in a very long term relationship.






3 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

We can chat anytime you'd like! Thanks for the shout. Have a great Saturday...

fishingaround said...

Why, how lovely!

Mimi Lenox said...

How nice of you. Call me!
And thanks for the shout.