Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolution? What resolution?

My New Year's Eve dinner went off without a hitch. Good food. Good company. Good times.

That night when everyone was making drunken resolutions, I added another to my list. I resolved to stop being a grumpy morning person. Everybody laughed. But dammit, I was determined. Was.

The New Year started out with a bang. Literally. Take that however you want. ;)

Then morning came. I tried. Really I did. But a certain visitor has made it nearly impossible. I will leave it at that.

One resolution broken. A dozen or so more to go. Heh.




Links over there ------>

Friday Fill Ins
1. The world is not ready for someone like me.

2. 'Get off my ball' was the last thing I said.(Mini Me will not leave my exercise ball alone.) Heh.

3. I wonder why I haven't won 'Sexiest Woman Alive' yet. The Man says he voted for me. (Hey - if Britney can win it, I think I deserve a shot.) ;)

4. Here at the end of all things.

5. There's something to be said for sparkly, glittery blouses.(What can I say? I like 'em. The more shimmery, the better.)

6. In five years, Colorado is where I want to be.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chilling at home with the family, tomorrow my plans include shopping and more shopping and Sunday, I want to sleep in!



Friday 5
What’s a dish you always go back for seconds of, even if you know you’ve had enough? Potatoes - mashed, cheesy, fries, baked. They are evil!
For how many seconds can you hold your breath? It's been a while since I've timed it, but I can go the long length of a pool underwater and still have air to spare.
What was the second-best thing about your New Year’s celebration? Having the party at our house. It's my least favorite night to be on the road.

What was your most recent second-hand purchase? I bought our dining room set at an estate sale sometime last Spring. Very nice.
A second-degree burn on human skin can be identified by the blistering it causes. When did you last suffer a second-degree burn? It's been about 8 months or so when I was cooking on my old, electric stove and my knuckle came in contact with the burner. Owie!
Alternate question: Without looking it up, can you name the four positions that comprise the defensive secondary in American football? Cornerbacks(left and right) and safeties(strong and free).

4 comments:

Improbable Joe said...

You should do what I do: make resolutions that are funny and don't matter. Like randomly bringing up ring-tailed lemurs... see, I am keeping that resolution already!

Poptart said...

Joe - Now that I've thought on it more, I'm not counting that resolution since it was made while I was a bit tipsy. What was I thinking anyway? Poptart not grumpy in the a.m.? Never gonna happen. HA!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Poptart a heathen? Mercy me! I thought you were wise beyond your years. Now I know for sure! ;)

Poptart said...

Bud - I hope being a heathen hasn't clouded your thinking of me. I'm a 'good girl'...just not a 'good, christian girl'. ;)