Saturday, January 17, 2009

Like, it's Saturday and I'm like going out like...


Not much time today. We're taking the kids to a movie - Paul Blart: Mall Cop. The Man and I will then hand them over to Music Girl and she's going to take them shopping for shoes. She said something about Crocs. The Man and I will head to the Big City to do some shopping of our own.

-----------------------------------------------------
Links over there ------>

Saturday 9: The First Apartment

1. Where had you moved from? I moved out of my Mom's house about 20 miles away.

2. Describe your first apartment. It was a second floor, 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment. As you open the door, the living room was right there. The kitchen was off to the right. Walk by the kitchen and you enter the hallway. Bathroom was the first door on the right. Directly across was the linen closet. Second door on the right was my bedroom. Right across from mine was my roommates bedroom. There was always someone sleeping on the couch in the living room. Always.

3. How old were you when you had your apartment? I was a couple of months into being 18.

4. Did you have roommates? If yes, tell us more.
Lynn was my roommate. We worked together. We never really were friends or hung out. We both worked too much.

5. What was your place of employment then? I was a waitress/hostess at a restaurant and a lifeguard at the local community center.

6. How were you finances at the time? I always had money to pay the bills and do what I wanted - plus go to college. I made sure to put back XX amount of $$ every week for bills and emergency cash and the rest, I spent on whatever.

7. Tell us about a lover who spent a night there. He was a fireman. That is all. ;)

8. Tell us about a band you listen to then. (You can cheat. Look it up.) Journey, Def Leppard, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Ratt, Bon Jovi...

What do you want to know about 'em?

9. How long did you live there and why did you move from there? I lived there for 8 months. Moved out because one of the people that was always on the couch decided she would stay indefinitely - with her newborn. What was I going to do, kick her out? I didn't have the heart. Lynn didn't either. I decided to go.


Saturday Six
1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used? People who like use the word 'like' in sentences like all the time. I hear it ALL the time. Other than that, I can't think of an annoying word.

2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word? It's 'ask' people - not 'aks' or 'ax'.

3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often? Yes. Please. Thank you. You've just won $100 million.

4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Word?


Your Word is "Peace"

You see life as precious, and you wish everyone was safe, happy, and taken care of.

Social justice, human rights, and peace for all nations are all important to you.

While you can't stop war, you try to be as calm and compassionate as possible in your everyday life.

You promote harmony and cooperation. You're always willing to meet someone a little more than halfway.



5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often? I'm a fan of this guy ;). I like to wink, I guess. I also enjoy putting words between **. *grin*

6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever? I'm not into the lingo where numbers are used instead of letters - l8r for later, 2nite for tonight.

1 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

So you played the game, "Guess whose on my couch tonight?" What a story. It is amazing the shit we all do...