Thursday, December 4, 2008

Wish List

So I went and stole found a new layout. I wanted a more seasonal look - something in red, my favorite color - for my wish list post. Then, the old header looked ridiculous on my new place. Okaaaay. Downloaded Paint.net and whipped up something quick. Had to keep my Miss Hepburn quote though. Had. To.

So yeah, I made the place look a bit more festive. Come January 1st, I'll be looking for a new layout. Does it ever end? *grin*

Snagged the wish list idea from NurseExec who snagged it from Deb at Through Thick and Thin.

The Rules:
Make a post to your blog.

The post should contain your list of holiday wishes.

The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a header that's made just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") Or they can be life situation specific or wishes for other people's lives. Nothing about this has to be about material objects if you don't want it to be.
The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.- If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.-

Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines on your blog, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.

Step Two - Surf around your blog roll to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someones wish come true. Sometimes someones trash is anothers treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get some one's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.

You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached.

Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someones holiday special.


Here's my 2008 Wish List:

1. I would really like some restaurant gift certificates. Being head chef for 20+ years makes me soooooo appreciate going out to eat.

2. I hope Movie Girl will find the strength to let go of some of her demons.

3. I'm almost out of my favorite scent - Obsession. I need more.

4. The Man and I are in critical need of a weekend of fun - alone.

5. I'm especially wishing for those that find pleasure in bullying The Joker have a change of heart.

6. I hope to continue my healthier ways and hit my goal weight in 2009. I'm thisclose!

7. Can I please get my George Foreman grill already? I've asked for one for years and nada.

8. I would love to continue blogging and eventually meet some of the awesome people I've met through this process. We need an IRL blogger's party!!

9. I need more followers friends and lovers up and over there ---->. ;)

10. I want to be a Ghost Hunter. Come on Jason and Grant, call me!

4 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I think you'll hate the grill. It electric, so nothing tastes grilled. It does burn lines into the meat, so it looks grilled, if that's enough. And it sucks to clean. My 2 cents. Now you owe me...

Poptart said...

Bud - Damn! I knew that grill sounded too good to be true. But I do like grill marks. ;)
And since I owe you, what would you like?

Diet Coke and Zingers said...

This is a great idea... I might just have to do this, or something close to it on my own blog! Thanks for stopping by, by the way... And no there is NOTHING wrong with poptarts (especially strawberry frosted ones)... That is exactly the problem with them!

fishingaround said...

Lovin' the new layout!!