Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tagged! and more...

The Fish tagged me for the 7 random or weird things about me meme.

The rules:(And we all know how I feel about rules.)
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share seven things about yourself - some random, some weird.
Tag seven people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog and/or Twitter.
Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Seven things about Poptart:
1. I drink Diet Coke morning, noon, and night. At home, there is always a glass of it within reach - even when I go to bed. I take a bottle with me when I go out. In the new year, I'm going to try to stop drinking it as much. Wish me luck. I'll need all I can get.

2. I lost the toenail on my big right toe a couple years ago. It grew back. I thought it would be all weird looking for some reason, but it looks the same as the old one.

3. I have very little patience with stupid people. My family will physically take a step back when they feel I'm going to go off on someone - like the condescending prick last night. Yes, I'm a woman. No, you don't have to explain the fucking Casio digicam to me like I'm 10. Oh yeah, they stepped back and watched.

4. I cry when I'm really angry. Always have. People mistakenly take that as a sign of vulnerability. Think again. If I'm mad AND crying, you better get out of my way.

5. My first words ever to The Man were not nice. His attitude rubbed me the wrong way. We became fast friends. Go figure.

6. Even though outwardly I seem to be very confident and sociable, inwardly I often feel shy and socially awkward - especially around men I find attractive.

7. I've pissed in the middle of an Interstate highway before - in bumper to bumper traffic. I was 18 and it wasn't a dare. Did I say I was also on a first date? A blind first date?

Now, the rules say to tag 7 people. I'm not going to. Neener! ;)


Saturday 9: 'Tis the Season

1. Do you enjoy receiving or giving presents more? I know we're supposed to say giving, but today I'm going to say receiving. I love getting pressies!

2. What is you favorite holiday film? A Christmas Story(Ralphie!), Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, Elf, Love Actually, One Magic Christmas, Mixed Nuts, Christmas With the Kranks, Christmas in Connecticut(1945), etc. You didn't really expect me to just pick one or two, right?

3. Have you started or finished your gift shopping? I WILL be done, finished, finito today. Oh yes I will!

4. What does this time of year mean to you? It's a time for families to get together. It's a time to reflect on the year we had. It's a time to make plans for the new year.


5. What is your favorite holiday song? Take a look at my music player over there ------>

6. What do you love about the holiday season? The excitement. The goodwill. The giving. The receiving. Decorating. Christmas Eve night alone with The Man. Christmas morning. Family.

7. What do you hate about the holiday season? Scrooges. Being subjected to listening to 'Last Christmas' sung by Wham. GAH!

8. Do religious ceremonies play a part in your holiday traditions? If yes, how? No. I'm a heathen raising heathens.

9. Who will you spend the holidays with? My wonderful family.




Your Christmas is Most Like: A Christmas Story



Loving, fun, and totally crazy.

Don't shoot your eye out!





4 comments:

fishingaround said...

Must see Christmas in Connecticut.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Anything by WHAM I can live without. THe story of you and the highway on a blind date is a real pisser of a story. ;)

Poptart said...

FA - There is a cheesy remake of Christmas in Connecticut that everyone should avoid. The one from 1945 is the one to watch.

Bud - My date was quite shocked. What can I say? When I got to go, I got to go! hehehe

Mimi Lenox said...

Fish tagged me too but I had already done it. I could never top #7!