Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday somethings...

Links over there ------>


Sunday Stealing: The Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly all wrapping paper with a few bags here and there. Kids like to rip paper, so I keep bags to a minimum for them. I'll use bags for the adult gifts we take to my MIL's house. Easier to put together and easier to transport.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake all the way. The Man has allergies and I don't like vacuuming needles 10 times a day.

3. When do you put up the tree? Anytime after Thanksgiving. Ours is up now, but still undecorated. We need to go to the Big City(again!) to get the LED lights The Man wants. Lights have to go on first, so the tree is naked.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after the new year and before the kids go back to school.

5. Do you like eggnog? I do. I like it better when liquor is added to it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Bike, skates, skateboard, basketball goal...

7. Hardest person to buy for? MIL because she doesn't ever seem to like anything. Even things she says she wants, her nose will turn up at it once it's unwrapped.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of the kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I do, but it's not displayed. It was a gift.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I don't send Christmas cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Any kitchen machines/utensils/gadgets I didn't ask for. MIL is usually the offender giver.

12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like it all!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year has been VERY weird. I started the day after Thanksgiving. I usually don't start until 2 weeks before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I have absolutely regifted. Or if it's clothes that were too big or didn't fit right, I'd donate them.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? What's the difference between this ? and #12?

16. Lights on the tree? Of course!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Christmas Canon Rock...or anything in my playlist over there. ------>

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home and then go to MIL's in the afternoon. I like being home for Christmas.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Mini Man has a Santa on there right now. It's the only thing on the tree. When we get it all decorated, I'll put my light up angel on top.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, but I can be bribed to allow one present to be opened on the Eve. ;)


Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Travel :: Expenses

  2. Expensive :: Taste

  3. Backspace :: Mistake

  4. Traffic noise :: Horns

  5. Now see here :: ...you little pervert.

  6. Vegetables :: Greens

  7. Chat :: IM

  8. Your calling :: Card

  9. Weekly :: Meeting

  10. Oh! :: Shit!


The Sunday Seven
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:
Name the seven people on Barbara Walters’ Top 10 Most Fascinating People of 2008 list that you care the least about.
1. Miley Cyrus
2. Tom Cruise
3. Thomas Beatie(is NOT a man!)
4. Rush Limbaugh
5. Tina Fey(She's funny and does a great Palin, but fascinating?)
6. Frank Langella
7. Will Smith(Most fascinating what?!)

That left Barack Obama, Sarah Palin, and Michael Phelps - all who really deserved to be on her list, I think. What about Vladamir Putin, Ben Bernanke, Randy Pausch, Robert Downey Jr., Stephenie Meyer, Brett Favre(although I really don't like him), Dara Torres, Sam Houser, Judd Apatow, Rafael Nadal, Thom Yorke(Radiohead), Mark Zuckerberg, Christian Bale...

4 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I didn't get the two questions about dinner/eating either. I loved your list, as well. Enjoy your Sunday, Sexy...

Mimi Lenox said...

I had a MIL like that once upon a time in a faraway marriage. I spent way too much time trying to please her. It couldn't be done.
Ignore it and move on.

Great answers.

http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com/2008/12/sunday-stealing-christmas-meme.html

Mimi Lenox said...

Like you asked for my advice!

NurseExec said...

ahhhhhhhh, MILs. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!