Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Mumbling...

Finally got to go shopping with Movie Girl today. She works way too much! I was able to help her get at least halfway through her list. Wednesday we'll do the rest.

Also, went through all the toy boxes this morning and they are free of unused toys now. Throwaways are in the trash and donations are boxed up. Whew! I'm so glad that's out of the way.

Tomorrow, Music Girl is coming over to help me wrap my storage room full of pressies. I've got the eggnog and bourbon ready. Drunk wrapping at it's finest y'all. hehehe

-----------------------------------------------------------

Links over there ------>


Manic Monday #146
Have you ever returned an item to a store for a refund after having used it?
Yes. There have been things that didn't work right - or at all - and I'm not about to 'take a loss' on them. I take them back and either get a refund or exchange for another brand. I've also returned shoes and clothes that didn't hold up after the first or second time I wore them. When a strap or zipper breaks when I haven't even got to 'break it in', it's going back.

However, I've never bought something with the intent of using/wearing it once and then returning it.

You are going out for the evening. If your partner objects to what you are wearing, would you change your clothing?
The Man has never done this. If he did, I'd consider changing. It would depend on the situation. He did say once that the shirt I had on was very revealing. I grabbed a jacket out of the closet for a cover up, but he told me to put it back. He explained that he wasn't complaining, just making an observation.

What item that you don’t currently possess would you most like to have in your home?
I would really like a couple new sofas and a recliner for the living room. We've had what we got for almost 10 years and it's getting worn.





randomness...feed your mind and your blog

12.14.08 Happy Holidays random word association
I say, you think:
1. santa ...baby
2. holiday carols ...choirs
3. snow ...flakes
4. mistletoe ...kissing
5. season ...Winter
6. candy cane ...peppermint
7. eggnog ...SouthernComfort
8. presents ...ripping, tearing paper!



If you married the person you last called, what would your last name be?
Orr.

What did you do Saturday night?
The Man and I went shopping, saw 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', ate at Camino and then... ;)

Is eye contact awkward?
Only if the person is giving me the 'stink eye' or 'death stare'.

Would you be a real life pirate back in the old days if you could?
No thanks.

Did you have any unread text messages this morning when you woke up?
Yeah, I finally got the school closing notice for last Friday!

Do you collect porcelain dolls? Would you ever?
No and no. I never was much of a doll girl.

Do you enjoy going to Haunted Houses?
The kind you pay to get into around Halloween? No. I don't pay to get scared. I'm a wuss.

What is one thing you would love to happen today?
If The Man would get home - sex.

Do you think you would make a good wife/husband?
I think I do. The Man isn't complaining, so...

Would you ever work as a waitress, bartender or other food service worker?
I have and would again if I had to.

What bill do you hate paying the most?​
Anything court ordered. ;)~

Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
A romantic what? I am married, you know?

Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
Eh...in one way, yes. He wasn't necessarily available - single. The shame!

What do you really want to be doing right now?
I'm naked - in bed - blogging. I could think of a thing or two I'd rather be doing than blogging.

What are your thoughts on gas prices currently?​
I can live with $1.33/gallon. Cheaper than milk!

Favorite lunch meat?​
Smoked turkey breast.

Gray's Anatomy or Desperate Housewives​?​
GA lost my interest after Addison left. Give me DH.

What famous LIVING actor would you like to have dinner with?
Edward Norton to start.

What is the last book you read?​
I'm rereading two favorites at the moment - 'The Great Santini' and 'Twilight'.

Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Why would I eat a butterfly?

What noises do you currently hear?
The Big Bang Theory is on. I lurvvvvve Sheldon!

Do you know anyone who is currently in jail right now?
Yep. He'll be there for a long time. Wished they'd bury him under it.

Do you know someone who cries to get what they want?
Unfortunately, I know quite a few women who will lower themselves to such stupidity. I want to smack the shit out of them.

Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth​?​
The river.

At this point​ in your life would​ you rathe​r start​ a new caree​r or a new relationship?
Relationship. I'm all for making new friends!

2 comments:

derfina said...

Five of my most hated words "Is that what you're wearing?"

fishingaround said...

I love Sheldon tooo! He's a riot.

Have you read 'Breaking Dawn'? I'm mere hundreds of pages away from finishing and it's freaking me out a little bit... not the fact that it's over but the plotline!