Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm not a psycho, man...


I think I scared the crap out of a guy today. I ran into him at KMart in another town early this a.m. I then ran into him at WalMart in my town an hour later. We left WalMart at the same time, almost bumping carts. I got in behind him at the red light leaving WM. Everytime he turned, I turned. He kept looking in his rearview mirror. After the fourth turn, he stopped using his blinker. Didn't matter, I was going the same way. Two turns away from my road, he pulls into a driveway. After I pass, I see him backing out and going the other direction. I think he thought the psycho friendly gal who kept smiling and saying 'hey' to him all morning was smitten and trying to find out where he lived. Silly man. hehehe

I got The Man's Christmas shopping done today. He's always one of the hardest to buy for because if he needs/wants something, he'll just go get it. He did give me a few hints this morning, so he's getting Craftsman tool sets, clothes, a couple cold weather things he needs, and a few unmentionables. *ahem*

I found the last item I needed for my Christmas Eve pressie to TM at Cato. Have I ever said how much I love lingerie departments/stores? As soon as I walked into Cato today, Shannon took me straight to the new stuff. Ah yes, the salesgirls there know me well. I'm all set for the 24th. ;)

I finished wrapping the last of the kid's pressies today. I figure a few more small stocking stuffers that I can get when I'm out this weekend will be it. I keep adding and adding on. I'm just glad all the big stuff is bought, wrapped, and ready to go under the tree.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Links over there ------>

3x Thursday: 12/18/y2k+8: Accomplishments
List and describe 3 things that you've accomplished this year that mean something to you. Why are they important?
1. I'm taking care of me for a change. Why is that important? 'Cause I'm important.
2. I fucked up royally this summer, but through that FU, TM and I have gotten closer. Some people might not list a FU as an accomplishment, but without this one, TM and I were on a path that leads nowhere. I know. I know. I'm being quite vague once again.
3. Throughout all this so called 'economic slowdown', my business has flourished. It hasn't been luck either. I'm no dummy.

Thursday Thunks
1. If you had to have a brain transplant and had to choose between a cat brain and a dog brain, which would you choose? I'll take the brain of a jaguar or panther. Don't ask me why. Oh, you didn't. Okay then. ;)
2. Why do you think bananas are shaped the way they are? It's a pleasure principle. *ahem*
3. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip? Hellman's Light.
4. Do you use keyboard shortcuts? There are shortcuts? Well...
5. Are you a member at InsanityCafe Forums & Arcade? If not, you should be. I have no time - no time - for such things.
6. Where I live it was a low of -19 degrees this morning - what was your low last night/this morning? The lowest I saw was at 2:15 a.m. and it was 53.
7. Do you like hard boiled eggs? Yum!
8. Have you ever drank green beer? Do candles flicker?
9. Whats your favorite cleaner? All the guys from Buck Naked Cleaning Service. Oh, 'whats'. Ummm...Clorox wipes and 409.
10.White or whole wheat bread? I'll take 9-grain, thanks.
11. Everyone has some type of phobia - whats yours? Claustrophobia. I freak the hell out in tiny, closed in spaces.
12. Aren't you glad there weren't any Christmas related meme questions? I can take 'em or leave 'em at this point.


Does this make me multi-lingual? ;)



You Can Say "Merry Christmas" in 13 Languages




You can say "Merry Christmas" in:

English
Spanish
Japanese
French
German
Italian
Swedish
Portuguese
Greek
Hawaiian
Korean
Latin
Esperanto

2 comments:

fishingaround said...

You should have made a huge uturn after he pulled out of the driveway!! Way to really freak someone out. :)

Poptart said...

FA - I was tempted, but I had some 'stuff' in the trunk that I was more excited to get home with and try out/on. Priorities, you know. ;)