Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goodwill, snow, and a Christmas meme...

Ever been in a Goodwill store? Well, I hadn't until last weekend. I walked the aisles and aisles of clothes kind of in a daze. I'm not really sure why. The Man could tell there was something off about me and asked what was up. All that I could say was that I felt weird. A few minutes later, I had this intense feeling to get out of there and we left.

Ever get a feeling like that about a place? I still can't put my finger on it. When I was a kid, I'd get uncomfortable feelings about people or homes/places. Oh well. It just makes me wonder. You know?

The news is calling for at least an inch of snow in our area starting sometime this afternoon. The Man grew up in places that would get a lot of snow and he gets excited anytime snow is mentioned. But this is the South and we don't handle snow too well. The grocery stores will be packed this morning. The school board will be debating whether to close school early - even though it's not supposed to start until after 3:00. The gas stations will have lines of cars with people filling their tanks AND gas cans for generators. By 3:00, businesses will decide to close so employees can get home safely. Again, this is before the first flake falls!


Okay. I'm probably exaggerating. The first flake might have fallen. *grin*

Our plans aren't changing because of the impending blizzard snow. We're still going to the Big City to shop and shop and shop some more. Music Girl will be there and we hope to meet up with her for dinner if her schedule permits.

--------------------------------------------------

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog with 'juice'. Heh.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa has the elves wrap the presents - including most of the stocking stuffers.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights this year. We had white lights last year. We switch up.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put your decorations up? When I feel like it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I like it all!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Finding and playing with presents before Mom wrapped them.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was around 7 or 8 and heard my sister's boyfriend playing with my Santa toy. I was in bed and everybody thought I was asleep.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights, lots of red decorations, red garland, things the kids bring home from school, etc.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like it, but I don't like driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? On my ass, maybe.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There's been many - bike, basketball goal, giftcards, ring, stereo equipment...
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Slowing down and spending time with the family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan pie, death by chocolate.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around town looking at lights.
17. What tops your tree? A small angel that lights up.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, but I don't mind receiving either. ;)
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas Canon Rock.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Eh...
21. What do you want for Christmas? Within the last 24 hours, both my DVD player and digicam have broken. I'm adding those to my wishlist, but it's probably too late. Oh well.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas Party? No.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? Something sexy Christmas Eve, chemise and robe Christmas morning, and casual dress at MIL's Christmas afternoon.
24. Do you own a santa hat? Yes, and elves hats too.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We spend the a.m. at home and then go to MIL's house around 1p.m.

3 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I vote for your outfit on Christmas Eve...

derfina said...

They closed all the schools around here and it hasn't even snowed yet!

Poptart said...

Bud - Why am I not surprised?

Derfina - Yeah, doesn't the Southern school systems have a 'just in case it might get bad clause' built in? hehehe