Saturday, December 27, 2008

Back with a meme vengeance...

Links over there ------>

3x Thursday
1. What are you doing for Xmas this year? Spent it at home and then went to MIL's house from 1-5. Back home for a nap that turned into bedtime. The Man and I were exhausted!

2. What items are on your wishlist this year? The 2 things I kept telling everybody when they asked - a new mp3 player and giftcards.

3. What do you think about the idea of gift giving in general. Do you think it's necessary? Why/why not? I love the idea of gift giving. Who in their right mind doesn't like giving and receiving pressies?! Of course, it's not necessary. It's more tradition - and expected from the kids though.


Thursday Thunks
1. Have you ever started your Christmas tree on fire? No. How does one do that anyway?
2. How many rings do you wear? 2
3. I say "dog barking", you say shut the hell up Scrappy!
4. How many pictures are in the room that you are in. On the wall - 0. Around in other spots - LOTS!
5. Do you decorate the outside of your house for Christmas? The Man always threatens to do a 'Clark Griswold', but never does. We just do the inside of the house.
6. What's your favorite Christmas song? Christmas Canon Rock - and I got to hear it live last Sunday. Great show!
7. What do you fill your Christmas stockings with? Things they need, want, and will use. I rarely get something just for the heck of filling a stocking. I put thought into it.
8. How many times a week do you charge your cell phone? At least twice.
9. Do you own any exercise equipment? What are they? Yes, weights and elliptical machine. DVDs. Mats. Shoes. Clothes. Pedometer.
10. What's your cookie jar look like? I don't own a cookie jar.


Friday 5
What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year? Car.
What’s one area of your life you really improved this year? Health.
Who or what was a regular source of encouragement or inspiration to you this year? Me, myself, and I.
What’s something nice you did for someone else this year? Offered support and understanding.
In what way was 2008 better than 2007? They were both great years, but 2008 was the year I got my va-va-va-voom back. ;)


Saturday Six
1. How many members of your family not living with you did you see on Christmas Day? 10.
2. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel “antsy” about being there too long? If we are at MIL's house, it depends on how she's acting. There have been times I've wanted to leave as soon as I arrived. This year, we stayed for 4 hours and there was only one instance that I felt like bolting for the door. I let it drop and just ignored her.
3. Is your family more likely to have pleasant discussions or heated arguments during a big meal? Do you join in or quietly listen in? MIL always wants to bring something up. The outcome depends on who she is trying to goad. I keep it pleasant and will ignore her or talk about something else. In my family, we rarely have heated arguments during a meal. Dinnertime is for eating and light conversation.
4. Take the quiz: How Do You Really Feel About Your Family?




You Feel Nurturing Toward Your Family



You tend to entertain your family and make them laugh. However, your jokes may mask some anxiety you feel around your family.

You believe that your family is truly happy, even if there are minor disagreements and squabbles.

When times get difficult, you are able to be the adult in your family. You are able to keep your family together.

You tend to be the rock in your family. You support everyone in their times of need, and they take your advice seriously.



5. Consider the family member whose views are most opposite of your own: If your friends or co-workers met the person, what single topic would probably be the source of the most embarrassment for you if your friends heard that person talking? All my friends would be shocked to hear almost anything my MIL had to say. She's very old-fashioned and conservative. She has told me many times all her gay son needs is an older woman that will take care of him. She just doesn't get it.

6. Did you get everything you wanted for Christmas? I got most of what I wanted. I must not have been as naughty as The Man says I was.
What one thing that you didn’t get would you like to have received? Target giftcard. I love that stupid place. hehehe


Saturday 9: Crazy Sam's Last Meme of 2008

1. What was the best thing that happened to you personally in 2008? Losing weight/getting healthier.
2. What was the worst thing that happened to you personally in 2008? The crap hitting the fan this summer.
3. What was the best thing to happen to all of us in 2008? I'm hoping the outcome of the US presidential election will have a positive effect on everyone sooner rather than later. If we Americans can all come together - no matter who we voted for - we can help our President elect get us out of the shitter we have found ourselves in.
4. What was the worst thing to happen to all of us in 2008? Some say it's the economy. I say it's the government bail outs. Let 'em fail. They had it coming. What's the lesson learned if taxpayers have to bail companies out at every turn?
5. What was the best gift you receive during the ’08 holidays? I loved all my pressies!
6. What was the best gift (most appropriate or best received) you gave during the ’08 holidays? MIL actually really liked her gift this year. The boys loved all their Bakugan stuff. Mini Me can't decide what she likes best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Tracking:

Santa came:


Mini Me:

Let the games begin:

3 comments:

derfina said...

I WANT THAT FOOSBALL TABLE!

Poptart said...

Derfina - We got it for the kids and we've played with it more than they have.

Hey! Where did my last 3 answers go? Hmmmm...

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Love the pics! Mini you is adorable...