Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back to the old Sunday grind...

I couldn't have wished for a more wonderful Christmas. I hope it was the same for all my bloggy friends too.

Links over there ------>

Sunday Stealing: The TV Meme

1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice: I Love Lucy, Law & Order: CI, The Andy Griffith Show, The Girls Next Door, Boston Legal, etc.

2. Name a show you can't miss: The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Life, The Office, Numb3rs, Samantha Who?, etc.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show: Vincent D'Onofrio, James Spader, Rufus Sewell, etc.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show: Jennifer Aniston, David Caruso...

5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from: Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, SNL, etc.

6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys: I don't know anyone else who watches Life.

7. Name a TV show which you've been known to sing the theme song: The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island...

8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch: Life. Watch it!

9. Name a TV series you own: I don't buy series on DVD. We record our favorite shows on the PVR, then burn to DVDs. We have a LOT.

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting chops in television: I'm not sure if he's ever done TV, but Dwight Yoakam always surprises me when he shows up onscreen in a movie. He's a pretty damn good character actor.

11. What is your favorite episode of your favorite series? Any episode of Boston Legal where Jerry(Hands) was highlighted, I loved. The Office 'Christmas Party' episode was super funny. Michael hates his Secret Santa present and turns the party into a Yankee Swap.

12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven't gotten around to yet: Ummm. Hmmm. *scratching head*

13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad? CSI: Miami or any other series like it that makes the central characters the 'victims', show after show after show. Come on writers!

14. Name a show that's made you cry multiple times: Cry from laughter? The Big Bang Theory thanks to Sheldon.

15. What do you eat when you watch TV? Usually nothing unless it's in the morning. And then I'll eat my breakfast while watching a recorded show from the night before.

16. How often do you watch TV? I watch something every day.

17. What's the last TV show you watched? CBS News Sunday Morning just a few minutes ago.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of TV? I like sitcoms and 1 hour crime dramas best.

19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with? I don't obsess over TV shows, sorry.

20. What TV show do you wish you never watched? Scrubs. Blech.

21. What's the weirdest show you enjoyed? Dexter. Definitely.

22. What TV show scared you the most? Some old show my big sis used to watch when I was little. Can't think of the name. Hmmm. Dark Shadows? I think that might be it.

23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched? There are so many I've enjoyed - TBBT, Seinfeld, The Office, Carol Burnett Show, Monk, News Radio...
--------------------------------------------------------

Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Destined :: Inevitable


  2. FAIL :: Fulfill All Intimate Longings. F.A.I.L. (I'm a bit Gary Busey-ish this morning. If you know what I mean.) ;)


  3. Camping :: RV, motorhome, camper, silver bullet, tin can on wheels. That's my idea of 'camping'.


  4. Only you :: For me.


  5. Incessant :: Relentless.


  6. Tomorrow :: I'll love ya'...


  7. Impressive :: Remarkable.


  8. Riches :: Rags to...


  9. Dislike :: Loathe.


  10. Speaker :: ...of the House.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Snackie Sunday
WHAT IS ONE THING THAT YOU WILL DO IN THE NEXT YEAR - AND ONE THING THAT YOU WON’T DO?

I will: Step up my exercise routine. I'll be adding running sometime in 2009. I hate running. Always have. But there's something about it now that makes me want to do it and enjoy it. My better eating habits will return. I've slacked off in December and my lack of energy is really getting to me. I know it's all the sugar and carbs slowing me down. Not to mention the extra 5# I've gained this month. UGH!

I won't: Worry as much about what people think of me. Actually, I'm pretty damn sick of this area of my life. Around certain people, I've had to put up a completely fake conservative facade - mostly to keep from 'rocking the boat'. No more. If they don't like the real me, to hell with them.

10 comments:

derfina said...

"If they don't like the real me, to hell with them."

AMEN!

Jayne d'Arcy said...

I forgot about Dexter. That IS a weird show!

NurseExec said...

I *LOVE* Dexter. Sexiest creepy guy out there...

Kwizgiver said...

Ooooh, I forgot all about Dexter! That's some creepiness...

;-)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I think Boston Legal was the greatest series! I was so bummed that it got cancelled...

Improbable Joe said...

How do you not love Scrubs? How?!?!

You probably don't like puppies or green-flavored Jello either!

Poptart said...

Der - I mean it too. Facades are tiring.

Jayne - Yeah. It's weirdly intriguing.

Nurse - Oh, I definitely think so too!

Kwiz - But he's so hard not to watch!

Bud - Yep. BL was must see tv for me. I'm going to miss it too.

Joe - Bite me! hehehe
There's just something about Zach Braff I don't like. I've always enjoyed the guy who plays the older Dr, but Braff...
Ick.

NoBS said...

I don't know how I forgot Carol Burnett and Samantha Who!

alpha said...

i haven't gotten around watching dexter but I have been wanting to give it a try. i maybe should, one of these days.

thanks for the visit and happy new year!

Poptart said...

NoBS - There are just too many shows to remember them all, huh?

alpha - I've only seen one season of Dexter, but I'm hooked.