Saturday, November 29, 2008

When all's said and done...



Thanksgiving wasn't too bad. I was still smarting a little from MIL changing my plans for me, but let's not get into that again. The food was good, the company was great, and when all's said and done, I have too many things to be thankful for to count.

Hey, even MIL's dressing was good. ;)

Call me crazy, but I got up at 3:30 Friday morning to shop at WalMart. My SIL talked me and Music Girl into going to her local WalMart instead of ours. BIG EFFING mistake. Never again.

We got there around 4:40 and couldn't even get down the aisles to just look around. People were parked at all the bundles and wouldn't budge. And if I tried to get by, they'd give me the stink eye. Geez, people.

The only things I really wanted were the $9 movies - Kung Fu Panda and Alvin and the Chipmunks. I located the latter peeking through the black wrap and decided to camp out with the other bundle grinches. At 5, I heard someone yell from the front "Okay. Go!!" The bundle grinches turned into mad dogs ripping the black wrap off. If I weren't in a state of shock and awe, I'd have video'd it with my digicam.

But I was on a mission too. Apparently, my game plan is different from other people. I stayed calm and hung back and let others do most of the work. Most men will help out a truly desperate female in need. ;)

Yeah, yeah. I played the helpless female. Now, don't be hatin'. I don't like to do it unless I really need to. And in that throng of people, I needed to. I tapped a guy's shoulder and asked, 'Could you please grab me an Alvin and a Kung Fu Panda DVD?'

I did this throughout the store. My haul?
*The movies, plus the 2-pack Ratatouille DVD
*3 light sabers - 1 Sith, 1 Obi, 1 Jedi
*2 Hannah Montana dolls
*Jeans, jeans, and more jeans - Wrangler and L.E.I for $8/each!

*3 hoodies
*Play doh cannister
*Various other clothes

*Yahtzee game

*Digital picture frame
*Various other toys

Want to know what I found out this morning? I could have gotten all this - except the jeans - at my local WalMart today. For the same price. I went there around 6 this morning after work and all the doorbuster prices(usually only Friday 5-11a.m.) were still good. So I picked up a few more things. The jeans were all gone or I would have gotten more of them too.


But no. Never again will I shop Black Friday at my SIL's local WalMart. I'll stick with mine. That is, if I'm ever crazy enough to get out on a BF ever again. And you know I will be. GAH!

And now for something fun...


Saturday 9
1. What was the last pill you took?
Forgot my vitamin today! I took a Sudafed before going to bed lastnight.

2. What time of day do you usually feel most energized?
Wow. This is kind of hard to answer. I feel most energized after exercising - whether it be in the morning, afternoon or evening. Hmmm...

3. Who was the last person you hugged?
Hyper Boy.

4. If you had a restaurant serve you a perfect breakfast, what would it be?
Almost anything I don't have to prepare is good with me. I guess I'll say a stack of 3 banana pancakes, 2 strips of bacon, and ice cold o.j.

5. What did you do on Thursday?
The usual Thanksgiving dance.

6. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Financial freedom would be nice. Yeah, not worrying about finances would be VERY nice.

7. What is your favorite TV commercial at the moment?
I skip 'em.

8. Who would you'd be surprised to wake up and find in your bed?
Ummm, just about anybody other than The Man.

9. Who is your favorite 80’s band?
Journey, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Motley Crue, etc...






0 comments: