Friday, November 7, 2008

Weekly Memes

I'm using today to do all the weekly memes I didn't do this week for whatever reason. It's raining here and I just don't feel like doing a damn thing other than this.
Pillows - check.
Blanket - check.
Background noise - check.
Drink - check.

Now that I'm comfy, I hope I can stay awake. *grin*

Links over there ------>


Sunday Seven
Name the last seven entrees (or main dishes) you had for dinner or lunch.
1. meatloaf
2. lasagna
3. chicken, broccoli casserole
4. steak
5. French bread pizza
6. chicken enchilada
7. peanut butter on 9-grain bread



Monday's a Bitch
1. What time do you usually go to bed on weekdays? I go to bed early since I get up at an ungodly hour. I try to be in bed no later than 8 most nights. There are times something's going on and I'll stay up until 10. Oh yeah, I'm a party girl! *snort*
2. Has anyone ever told you about bad habits you have during sleep? (Snoring, talking, kicking etc?) All the fucking time. I do it all. Oh and the best one? I drool. GAH!
3. Do you prefer your sleeping environment to be warm and snug, or cool and crisp? Yes. Warm and snug during the colder months and cool and crisp during the warm months.
4. What was your favourite bedtime story as a child? I never was read bedtime stories.
5. Is there anything unusual that you often do while in bed? (Unusual meaning something other than sleeping, reading, naughty fun etc.) The only 'unusual' things I can think of are naughty, good fun.


Manic Monday
How many hours of TV do you watch per week? Do you feel that's too much, not enough or just right? Most of my tv viewing is in the morning time watching recorded shows. Hmmm, I'd say I watch 30 or so hours a week. I'm almost always doing something while watching though - working, cleaning, exercising, computing, etc. I like my tv shows, so I don't think that's too much. If you enjoy something, do it, right?

Which of the 5 senses do you feel is your strongest sense? With age, my sight and hearing is fading, so not those. Touch is still good. Smell is kind of off. I guess taste. Yeah, definitely taste.

What's the wackiest belief you held as a child? When I was very young, I thought everything from furniture to books had eyes and was watching me. I'm sure one of my older sibs put that in my head. The thought didn't scare me though. I just thought that's how it was.


Randomness
Wasn't a new one this week, so I picked an old post.
When was the last time you....
1. kissed someone? this morning
2. drank coffee? never
3. read a book? last month
4. cursed? a few minutes ago
5. had a nightmare? 2 nights ago. Dreamt that Mini Man was in a wreck.
6. checked your email? an hour ago
7. had a crush? now
8. drove a car? 2 hrs ago
9. rode a rollercoaster? 2 yrs ago
10. took a nap? weeks ago
11. went to the movies? last month
12. drank alcohol? last week
13. went to a party? June
14. said "I love you'? this morning
15. cooked a meal? last night
16. exercised? this morning


Ten on Tuesday
Ten things you love talking about:
1. Music
2. Family
3. Sex
4. Sports
5. The future
6. Exercise
7. Good food
8. Movies
9. TV shows
10. Politics



Take5 Tuesday
Again, an old one since there wasn't a new one this week.
1. 5 things on your “to buy" list, (either things that you want, or need.)
bath towels, drinking glasses, shoes, winter clothes, mascara
2. 5 things you like about winter.
no bugs, snuggle weather, holidays, new episodes on favorite shows, hot chocolate
3. 5 things you don’t like about winter.
bad weather(infrequent here, but still), too cold, school breaks, dark earlier, layering clothes
4. 5 of your favorite snack foods.
cheese crackers, Kashi chewy bars, pretzels, nectarines, chips
5. 5 things on your grocery list.
Diet Coke, eggs, bananas, tortilla chips, salsa


Wednesday Weirdness
1. If you were in a situation where it was either starve to death or resort to cannibalism, would you resort to cannibalism to stay alive or let yourself starve? I like living, so I probably would resort to cannibalism. I'd just keep telling myself it was chicken. :0

2. Do you know all of the words to the National Anthem and The Pledge of Allegiance? Yes to both. I've said/sung them both enough that I better know 'em.

3. Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Both. I'm a leader in things I know well. A follower in things I don't.

4. What is your most favorite holiday? Why? I've always loved July 4th because it's celebrated with outside activities and fireworks. I love warm weather holidays! Christmas is becoming a favorite though. It used to be very stressful, but is becoming less so thanks to The Man helping more and more the last few years.

5. In what ways, if any, are you superstitious? I'm not really superstitious, but things have become a habit. Like knocking on wood, not walking under ladders, throwing salt over my shoulder if I spill some, etc. I don't really think bad things will happen if I don't do those things. Like I said, habit.

6. If you had to pick a creature from the Mythical Creatures Guide to be your pet, which would you choose and why?
I was going to say Cockatrice, but it wasn't what I thought. *wink*
I'll say Pegasus. He looks harmless enough.



Thursday Threesome
Not new.
::Just checking in::

Onesome: Just-- the Cell Phone? ...and no land line? How does it pencil out for you: do you need to have both a cell phone and a home phone in your life? How about down the road? Do you see yourself disconnecting from the hard-wired connection?
I give family, friends, schools, and the occasional business contact my cell number. The home land line number is given to those I don't want having my cell number.

Twosome: Checking-- accounts, a thing of the past or something that will be around for a while? I'm wondering how much we're coming around to debit cards and online payments...
I'll be using checks for a while. I use them for charity, school, and some bills that get mailed.

Threesome: In-- the same vein: how about the net itself? If you're on it for basic communications then what happens when your handheld device becomes your email/chat/and voice communication system? Do you bail from the hardwired home links when wifi becomes just a little more ubiquitous? ...and before you answer, check in with any teen you see walking down the street with their head in the Net!
I'm not a tech nut, so having everything on one device matters squat to me.

Friday Fill-in
1. My blueprint for success includes putting the best product out there that I can at a competitive price.
2. A mini Snickers was the last candy I ate.
3. The best facial moisturizer I've ever used is a cheap knock off of Neutragena that I bought at WalMart and which I hardly ever use.
4. Sex can be good therapy.
5. I'd like to tell you about my weight loss journey, but it would probably bore most to tears.
6. Loyalty and strength are is my strongest characteristics.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chilling with The Man, tomorrow my plans include work, housecleaning, laundry, doing things with the kids, and shopping and Sunday, I want to go on a date with The Man or take the family to a movie!


Friday 5
What usually marks the middle of your day?
Getting the last of the housework/cleaning done before the kids get home from school.
From whom (or to whom) was your most recent middle-of-the-night phone call?
Movie Girl called a few nights ago wanting some birth control advice. She calls me a lot after I go to bed. She's a night owl and thinks everybody else is too.
On what social, political, economic, or moral issue are you in the middle of the road?
I've got opinions on all things. I'm not a middle of the road kind of girl. I do try to understand both sides to issues though and not push my opinions on others.
How likely are you to give someone your middle finger?
Not very likely. I'm a namecaller. Idiot and asshole are my favorites.
When were you last caught in the middle of a disagreement that really had nothing to do with you?
Movie Girl and Music Girl try to do this to me often. I don't take the bait. They're big girls and can hash shit out on their own.

The Friday Five
1. Could you live without your phone for 1 week for $500? Wouldn't be a problem for me at all. Easy $$.
2. Whom do you talk to on the phone the most? Movie Girl.
3. Whom do you no longer talk to on the phone but wish you still did? Bones. We haven't talked in a while.
4. If you could get ahold of one celebrity phone number, whose digits would you want? Jensen Ackles. Or Rufus Sewell. Or Christian Bale. Or...
5. Do you talk on the phone more or less than you used to? More

0 comments: