Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hodge Podge Sunday

Links over there ------>


Sunday Stealing
Fill in your favorite for each of the following:

1. Political show: They all give me a headache. GAH!

2. Picnic food: Vodka

3. Mixed drink: Vodka & SunDrop, Coke & Jack, margaritas, LIIT...

4. U.S. President: You've GOT to be kidding!

5. Kind of student to teach: Ummm, the absent kind? Do I look like a teacher?

6. Hobby you do or wish you still did: It involves heels and a pole. Oh wait, that was a job. Hobby? Hobby? Shopping. Yeah, shopping. I'll be doing that today actually. Victoria's Secret, here I come!


7. Sports commentator: Most are too damn irritating for me. Plus I don't remember names. I guess Al Michaels is less irritating than most. Is he still working?

8. Sport to watch on TV: Football

9. Animal to have as a pet: I'll take any kind of stuffed animal. They don't crap, puke, or annoy.

10. Halloween costume you have worn: Cheerleader. It doesn't even have to be Halloween to wear it. *grin*

11. Kind of dessert: Beefcake...errr...I mean cheescake.

12. Comic strip: Ummm. I got nothing.

13. Ice cream flavor: Chunky Monkey. No. Butter Pecan. No. Cookie dough. No. Cookies N Cream. No. Chunky Monkey. Yeah, Chunky Monkey! Playing favorites with ice cream is hard. GAH!

14. News source: TMZ, baby! I kid.

15. Vacation spot: Vacation? Does not compute.

16. Wine: I haven't had wine since I was 13.

17. Way to waste time instead of working: Sex. Oh, at work? Okay. Yeah, sex.

18. Reality show: The Girls Next Door

19. Childrens movie: I'm over 40. I barely tolerate kid's movies as it is.

20. Celebrity you wish would retire: Retire as in come to my bed? Jensen Ackles comes to mind.



Unconscious Mutterings



  1. Spit it out :: I'm not a spitter. *wink*


  2. Shadow :: ...of a doubt.


  3. Database :: Brain


  4. Expression :: Face


  5. Boss :: Me


  6. Baby :: Done!


  7. Mystic :: Pizza


  8. Kate :: Beckinsale


  9. Boobies :: D cups


  10. Raid :: Bug spray



Saturday 9
1. What did you dream about last night?
I distinctly remember a remote control toy and The Santa Clause playing in the background. Oh wait, I don't think that was a dream. *wink*

2. Do you often have nightmares?
I'm too old to have nightmares anymore.

3. Do you have any special talents?
Hell yeah, I do! I would be embarrassed to list them all though. I'm soooo modest that way. Oh yeah, modest is my middle name. HA!

4. Who is the most talent person that you know?
So many. Too many to list really. I will say a few though - Music Girl, Bones, and TM.

5. What did you watch on TV last?
I usually have the TV on just for noise. I did actually watch Numb3rs yesterday though. Something about trains, toxins, a kid, blah, blah, blah. Okay, I didn't watch it that closely.

6. Is there a new TV show that you would recommend?
Eleventh Hour - for nothing but to drool over Rufus Sewell. *wiping mouth*


7. Who was the last person you phoned and why?
Music Girl yesterday to tell her where to meet me for dinner.

8. Who was the last person who phoned you and why?
Music Girl called to tell me about her stressful day.

9. What was the last snail mail letter that you received?
Do people really send those anymore?


Thanksgiving Meme(forgot who the heck I stole this from)
1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
Although I dislike the day to day cooking I do, I actually enjoy cooking for the holidays. I like cooking at home rather than going somewhere else. We've spent years on the road going and going. I like staying put.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
Frozen. Butterball, baby!

3. What kind of stuffing?
Mine is a mix of cornbread, French bread, and white bread. Mix in onions, celery, sage, eggs, chicken stock and drippings from the turkey. Pop in the oven for 40 minutes. Yumm-0!

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
Pumpkin pie. I make a casserole out of the sweet potatoes.

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing?
I love turkey leftovers! Mmmmm...

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if it was left off the menu?
The Man would not like it if there was no fruit salad or a green veggie or cranberry sauce. Music Girl would throw a fit if there was no ham roll ups. I would go back to bed and pout if there was no dressing.

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
Nope.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
A kitchen with more counter space.

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour?
I actually get up later than usual. When you usually get up at 2a.m. for work, getting up at 6a.m. to put a turkey in the oven is considered 'sleeping in'.

10. If you go to somebody else’s house, what’s your favorite dish to bring?
I take whatever I'm asked to bring - usually cheesy potatoes, sausage balls and a dessert or 2.

11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn’t bring to your house?
I wish people would leave their pets at home. Food-wise, I don't care for MIL's dressing or coconut cake.

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you’re happy to see?
There's rarely any drama. We all get along or 'play nice'.

13. What’s your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
If I had to pick just 1 - dressing.

14. What are you thankful for this year?
Other than the usual, I'm thankful that I'm healthier/more fit right now than I've been in years.

15. Share one family tradition –

We go see a movie after everyone has eaten and rested and eaten again.

5 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Sexy-
I was expected the shower to pop up here. Maybe you can send me a video... ;)

Freaky Poptart said...

Bud - You're so naughty! Come here and sit by me. ;)

fishingaround said...

Jensen Ackles is hot.

Alas, I've learnt that if you drink a whole carton of orange juice and take major codeine while virulent disease swirls around you, you have the best sex dreams ever. Maybe it wasn't dreams... to only hope!

You're my new favorite person I do not know.

Have a great week!

NurseExec said...

Yum. Just that.

LOL.

Have a great week!

Freaky Poptart said...

FA - You speak the truth - JA is Hot, HOt, HOT!! He makes me need to 'take care of business'. *wide-eyed look*

The Man assures me I was NOT dreaming. ;)

NE - YUM is right! Or maybe it's *numnumnumnumnum* hehehe