Monday, November 3, 2008

#51

What were your parents like before you were born?
They were both in their 30s, hard working, liked to go out. They weren't very happy with one another. Seperately though, from pictures, they seemed like a lot of fun.

Was there anything unusual about your birth?
Mom always said I was a '10 month baby'. I didn't want to come out. Apparently when I did, my eyes were already super focused and I stared her down. Mom said it made her a bit uncomfortable. *giggle*

Did you have siblings at that time? How old were they?
Yes and they were much older than me.

What is your earliest memory about your house?
The hallway walls. I loved drawing on them!

What is your happiest childhood memory?
Christmases, family reunions, relatives coming to visit in the summers...

What event in your childhood had the most impact on your life as an adult?
Being hit for no reason. I learned to avoid conflict.

What is your first memory about school?
The principal. He looked like a giant!

Who was your favorite teacher?
Mr. A because he always challenged me and made me think. His class was one big debate. Loved it!

What was your favorite subject in school?
Loved all Science classes except Chemistry. History. Accounting.

What do you wish you would have learned more about in school?
I just wished I had been better in the advanced maths.

What schoolmate had the most impact on your life? In what way?
'A' was such a free spirit and didn't care what anyone thought about her. So refreshing!

Who was your first best friend? How did they influence your life?
The twinsies were my best friends from babyhood on. They both had/have strong personalities and I learned from them that it wasn't always so bad to speak up.

What is your first memory about high school?
Being afraid to walk the 'freshman line'. The guys could be cruel. They never said mean things to me, but I would cringe at things they'd say to other girls.

What did you learn about yourself in high school?
That I wasn't interested in what most kids were. I didn't care for drinking, partying, dating lots of guys, being popular, etc.

What was the first moment you felt truly grown up?
At 15 when my Mom and siblings couldn't make a certain, very important phonecall and left it to me. The feeling was fleeting because I wasn't actually grown up, but because I was the only one who could do it, I felt important.

What was the first moment you felt independent?
When I first moved out of my Mom's house and had to pay my own bills.

How old were you when you began to drive?
My Dad taught me the ropes when I was 14-15. Got my permit at 15, license on my 16th birthday.

Who gave you your first kiss?
D

Who was your first love?
The Man. I can honestly say I never was in love before him.

What were your first experiences with sex like?
Awkward. Sneaky. It hurt.

Who was the first person you wanted to marry?
Cadillac. But I was young and very naive.

What is your best memory as a teenager with your friends?
Meeting at McDonlad's before and after school. It was a time to just laugh and chill.

What was the best party you went to when you were a teenager? What made it the best?
My high school graduation party with family. They made me feel extra special.

What was your first job?
Other than babysitting, I worked at a pizza place.

How much was your first paycheck and what did you do with it?
I was paid cash for the babysitting - $50/wk. Have no idea how much my first paycheck from the pizza place was. Probably under $100.

What were your thoughts about college when you were in high school?
Wasn't looking forward to it. I was sick of school by my senior year. Hindsight tells me I would have done better if I had chosen the University that offered me a scholarship away from home.

What schooling did you go to after high school?
A small community college. Big mistake.

What did you think you would do with your life after you graduated high school?
College(my parents insisted), work, and eventually find a man and start a family.

What did you think about marriage and kids when you graduated from high school?
I didn't want to get married or have kids until I was at least 30. HAHAHA!!

What did you do on your 21st birthday? Who was with you?
Same as usual. Family party.

What other important relationships did you have after high school?
Co-workers, personal relationships, room mates, etc.

Which one of your parents are you most like?
Mom. I get my non judgmentalness from her. Accept people for who they are she taught. She showed me how to keep my chin up and think positive. She also was a bit flaky or eccentric. Me too.

How have you surprised yourself?
I'm stronger than I thought I could be. I can bend and not break.

What have you done that you never thought you would do?
Have more than 2 kids.

What was the greatest challenge of your life so far?
Raising kids.

Who do you wish you could see again?
Mom, Dad, Grandmas

Who was the lost love of your life?
No one.

What word would you most like people to associate with you?
Awesome. *grin*

How old were you when you started to accept your own value?
I'm working on it.

In retrospect, who was the biggest influence on your life? Was the influence positive or negative?
Parents: some of both
Siblings: mostly positive
The Man: mostly positive
Kids: changes hourly

What is great about your life right now?
The kids being older and not needing as much hands on from me. The Man spending more time with us. Our personal relationship being better.

What could be better about your life?
The kids listening and doing what they're told more would be wonderful! Being better off financially so The Man wouldn't work/worry so much would be great too.

What do you think the future holds for you?
Moving. Growing. Loving. Working. Laughing.

0 comments: