Saturday, October 4, 2008

Some Friday mixed in with the Saturday...

Links over there ------>

Friday 5
Under what conditions are you most likely to cause injury to yourself?
I would guess like anyone else, when I'm not paying close enough attention to what I'm doing.

What named mountain is nearest where you are right now?
The nearest real mountain range would be The Great Smoky Mountains.

When did you last eat something with coconut in it?
It would have had to be by accident that's for sure. Probably a Christmas concoction that I didn't know what the hell was in it. I like coconut by itself and will eat it straight from the bag. I hate it on or in anything. Weird, I know.

Who’s getting on your nerves?
The Man's mom keeps calling me and talking about the weirdest stuff. Almost like she doesn't really have a purpose for the call, but she's making something up as we talk. IDK. Strange. I guess it's not really getting on my nerves all that much, it just makes me wonder WTH. You know?

Somewhere, somebody is asking him- or herself whatever happened to you. Who is it?
I know a few people probably think I've fallen off the face of the Earth. Oh well...


Friday Fill-in
1. October is the month it starts getting cooler around here.
2. Horror movies scare me!
3. Leaves are falling all around, it's time for The Man's mom to call to get some volunteer rakers to come to her house.
4. My favorite horror movie is Scream because it's not that scary.
5. Most of my childhood = good memories.
6. It was a dark and stormy night and I was in bed snoozing. *grin*
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleep 'cause I'm feeling sick , tomorrow my plans include going with the fam to the Fall Festival and Sunday, I want to go out with The Man and come home and ...!


Friday's Feast
I know FF is defunct, but I've been looking through other blogs to get past FFs.

Appetizer
When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?
If I'm not the first to smile, then yes, I will. I'm a good southern girl and that means eye contact and a warm smile when you see someone.

Soup
Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?
It's a mix, but mostly carpet. Would love a really nice hardwood floor in the living and family rooms. Since we won't be spending our lives in this house though, we don't want to shell out the $$ for it.

Salad
Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.
Pretentious pork payola produces (a) pissy Poptart.

Yeah, that's 7 words and one doesn't start with a 'p'. Deal.

Main Course
Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?
I have a wonderful, spoiled niece who came into our family via adoption.

Dessert
Name 2 blue things.
Mini Me has 2 of the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen.


Saturday 9
1. When was the last time you lost your temper with someone? It takes a lot for me to really lose my temper and see red. I can get upset or mad in a heartbeat, but showing my temper is totally different. Hmmm, I'd say it was Fall '03.

2. What was it about? I saw The Man doing something I didn't appreciate.

3. Were you totally right or totally wrong? I think my reaction was justified.

4. If wrong, how long until you realized it? If right, how long until the other person realized it? At the time, I don't think The Man cared. He saw it as innocent and silly. He probably still thinks that.

5. Did you go a lengthy of time without speaking? No. I yelled. He sat there with this WTH look. We talked. There was no silence between us.

6. Who made the first move? I let him know right away that I didn't like what he did. He listened and said he was sorry. Then we went to work.

7. Do you feel the situation is resolved now? Yes. It still kinda irks me that he never understood how his actions made me feel though.

8. Do you ever give in, knowing you weren’t wrong, to keep the peace? Not too much. I do let my feelings be known - eventually. I forgive more than I ever thought I would.

9. Was there permanent damage even though you’ve made up? No. It's in the past.




Saturday Six
1. When was the last time you ate fast food? It was almost 2 weeks ago for lunch after Mini Me went to the Dr. We went to McDs.

2. If you get a meal on the run, are you more likely to get something unhealthy, like a burger and fries, or healthy, like a salad? I get what I'm in the mood for.

3. Of the meals you’ve cooked at home in the past week, have they been generally more healthy or less healthy than what you would have ordered in a restaurant? Definitely more healthy. I tend to eat food at the higher end of the calorie/fat chart when we go out and try to keep it healthier at home. Since most of our meals are made by me at home, it's okay to splurge once in a while.

4. Take the quiz: What Does Your Burger Say About You?

What Your Burger Says About You
You are a very open eater. You like many types of tastes, and you'll eat just about anything.

You consider yourself a healthy eater. But you're not about to sacrifice taste or quantity!

You are straightforward, honest, and ambitious. You tend to be direct about what you want when it comes to food.

You have trouble making decisions quickly. Everything looks good to you... especially at a restaurant.

What Does Your Burger Say About You?

5. What was the last meal you prepared for yourself? Just for me? Breakfast: 9 grain bread w/peanut butter and a banana.

6. When was the last time you exercised for more than 30 minutes? Yesterday.



The Saturday Special
1. It's 10:00 AM Sunday and I'm usually__________at this time.

2. It's 3:00 PM On Monday and I'm usually_________at this time.

3. It's 7:00 PM Wednesday And I'm usually_________at this time.

4. It's Midnight Friday and I'm usually_________at this time.

1. ...doing housework, nagging kids about chores, thinking about what to make for lunch, maybe exercising, or on the computer...
2. ...starting dinner since we eat early through the week...
3. in bed or getting ready for bed since I get up VERY early on Thursdays...
4. ...asleep, dreaming, or both...

0 comments: