Tuesday, December 9, 2008

#57


My laid back day has turned into a rerun of yesterday. No weekend update again. Music Girl and I are off to spend some more $$. We're going out under the guise of buying food to make white chili for tomorrow. But you know and I know, I'm going to find a store with an 'intimate apparel' department. ;)


1. Typically, what time do you wake up? I wake up several times a night. I get up somewhere between 2:30-3:00 a.m.

2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? They need to be upstairs by 7 and in bed by 8 - if we're home.

3. How long have you been a mommy? Over half my life.

4. How old were you when you became a mom? 20.

5. What is your favorite kids T.V. show? Lazy Town - because of Sportacus. I haven't seen it in a while. Is it still on?

6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Teletubbies and the like.

7. What is your favorite chore? Straightening up a room/putting things away.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Home made pizza or anything I can throw in the crockpot.

9. What is your least favorite meal to cook? Anything I know the kids will fuss and pout about.

10. What is your kid's favorite meal? Happy Meals. UGH!

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Family time.

12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you are being a mom? Being goofy with them, watching them do something they love, teaching them something new, end of the day hugs and kisses, when they've had a great day and are so excited about it, etc.

13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Back to Colorado to stay.

14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Yesterday. And the day before that. And today I'm going shopping with Music Girl. I get plenty of kid-free time.

15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? Playing football/frisbee, working on projects, going out, sporting events, etc.

16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother. "Because I'm the boss." I still laugh about that one.

17. Name something you do that your mom did. I give lots of hugs like my Mom did.

18. What is your favorite quality your mom has had? She was very liberal-minded which I always admired.

19. What is your favorite kids book? I like the Junie B. Jones books that the kids have.

20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Don't be so uptight about everything. Relax. Don't forget that your relationship with your SO is the most important.

21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? Realizing that although their best interest is always in my mind, mine isn't always in theirs.

22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? Watching them do things they love and excel at.

23. When was the last time you told one of your kids you loved them? This morning when I dropped them off at school.

24. When was the last time you were told? The same.


3 comments:

derfina said...

19. I'm a Judy Blume girl

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

13. I thought you'd say, "To New eNgland to visit Bud..." Oh, well...

Poptart said...

Derfina - Oh, I like JB too.

Bud - You're on my list. ;)